Pricing buckets control how discounts and other benefits are calculated across phases. discounts and benefits into buckets helps determine the net selling price across all pricing phases.
that are assigned to a Null bucket are applied last and always adjust from the list price. Order level modifiers must be in the Null bucket. The pricing engine uses the following steps when calculating the selling Null buckets:
- Calculates percent discounts using the list price.
- Sums all bucket modifier values to create a bucket subtotal.
- Applies the subtotal after the last numbered bucket.
Suppose that the following buckets are set up, each with a different adjustment:
- Null bucket: a 50% discount is assigned to the Null bucket.
- Bucket 1: a 10% discount is assigned.
- Bucket 2: a 10% surcharge is assigned.
The buckets are used to the price for an SP ATO a list price of $55. The following table shows how the is calculated:
The below are the steps to assign modifiers to different buckets in Oracle Apps R12.
Update Profile OptionGoto: System Administrator -> Profile Options
Name: QP: Allow Buckets For Manual Modifiers
Update Pricing Modifier Setup to add buckets
Modifier Name: One-Time Discount
Once the buckets are assigned, the modifiers are applied on the priority basis.