Oracle Drop Ship Setups and Prerequisites
OM Drop Ship Setups and prerequisites:
• Inventory, Order Management and Purchasing Setup.
• Seeded order type ‘Mixed’ which has workflow for drop shipments
• For customer, enter internal ship to location
• All drop ship items must be defined in the item validation organization
• User should be setup as a valid PO buyer
• Valid item assigned to a price list
• Valid customer with ship-to and bill-to locations
• Valid OM transaction type for drop ship orders
Check the blog posts:
1. Inventory Setup (Define and Maintain The Item)
2. The drop ship inventory organization, item and sub inventory must be setup prior to creating any drop ship orders.
3. All drop ship sub inventory must have the Reservable box checked.
4. Following are list of the required item attributes for a drop ship item. All of these attributes MUST be enabled unless otherwise specified.
o Inventory Attributes:
Inventory Item, Stockable, Transactable, Reservable
o Purchasing Attributes:
Purchased, Purchaseable, Assign a purchase price and a default buyer (Optional)
o Costing Attributes:
Costing Enabled – this should only be checked for items that are cost enabled, Inventory.
Asset Value – this should only be checked for asset items (non-expense items)
o Order Management Attributes:
Customer Ordered, Customer Orders Enabled, OE Transactable, Default SO Source Type: External
o Receiving Attributes:
Receipt Routing set to Direct – this is not required, but preferred since it makes receiving process one step versus two or three.
Order Management Setups:
1. Make sure the sales order line Source Type is External. If the source type is not External, workflow will not distinguish the line as being a drop shipment and will not insert any data into the purchasing module’s requisitions interface.
2. Make sure that either the schedule ship date or request date is populated. If both of these are null, the requisition will not be imported into the purchasing module’s requisitions interface.
3. Make sure there are no holds against the line. If there is a hold, the hold must be removed and then the order can be progressed or the line must be manually purchased release.
4. Verify in HR, that the employee has an active status and has not been terminated.
1. Make sure the Import Source parameter list of values contains ORDER ENTRY. If ORDER ENTRY appears in the Import Source parameter list of values, then it means that the Workflow Background Processor successfully inserted a requisition into PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL.
2. If ORDER ENTRY is not visible in the Import Source parameter list of values, then no rows were inserted into the table. Review the setup under Order Management.
3. Make sure the Group By parameter is actually set the user wants the requisitions grouped.
Ensure you have defined the Internal Ship To Locations for your drop shipment customers (Oracle Receivables Standard Customer window, Business Purpose Details Tab).
1. Create an Internal location for your Inventory Organization.
In the Purchasing Super User responsibility:
Navigate to: Setup>Organizations>Locations
2. Assign the Internal location to the Drop ship customer
In the Accounts Receivable or Order Management Responsibility:
Navigate to: Customers Standard
The Customers - Standard form displays.
Query the Customer being setup in this form.
Navigate to the Addresses Tab and select the address that has been setup as the Ship To location.
Select the Open button.
The Customers Addresses form displays.
In the Business Purposes Tab select the Ship To Usage.
Select the Open button.
This displays the Business Purposes Detail form:
System Administrator setups:
Change to System Administrator Responsibility
1. Verify profile option: OM: Population of Buyer Code for Dropship Lines
Navigate to Profile -> System.
§ Query up profile called OM: Population of Buyer Code for Dropship Lines
Set the profile value as follows:
§ Set value to Null to have system retrieve the buyer information from the master item
Set the value to Order Creator to let the system retrieve the buyer information from the employee id creating the sales order. Note that the sales people need to be defined as buyers in PO.
2. Setup PO Buyer to the User name: OPERATIONS
Navigate to Security -> User -> Define.§ Query up the user name and make sure it has an employee name assigned to it that is setup as a buyer.