Wednesday 15 May 2013

Installation of OBIEE11g

When I started my carrier as BI developer, I got good opportunities to work on different area of OBIEE such as
  1. Report development
  2. RPD development
  3. OBIEE Administration…. Etc.  
But to explore this knowledge or to study in detail related to these area, I feel I need one OBIEE environment and then I started to collect the information how to install the obiee11g and configure it on the system and I feel it is very much importance to have OBIEE environment to try and error or to understand better about OBIEE
In this post I am presenting the overview of what to test before start the installation. I will discuss the all highlight topics one by one so feel free to share your views.

To install the OBIEE11g follow the following steps

Pre-requisites

1) System Requirements and Specifications 
2) Metadata schema creation 

If you fulfil the pre-requisite the move forward and lunch the setup file

There are three types of installation are available

  1. Simple Install
  2. Enterprise Install
  3. Software install
Now it’s totally depending upon the requirement, for which installation to go. The oracle documentation provided following scenario 

1) Demonstration, Evaluation, or Proof of Concept
2) Single-User Develop
3) Enterprise Deployment for Hosted Development and Production
      Installing a Single, Scaled-out Oracle Business Intelligence Instance on Multiple Computers
      Installing Multiple, Standalone Oracle Business Intelligence Instances on a Single Computers
4) Enterprise Deployment for Highest Levels of Availability and Security

I will discuss in some of my upcoming post regarding the different installation procedure to achieve the above mention scenarios.
Please feel free to share the view or suggest any suggestion related to installation of OBIEE11G.

No comments:

Post a Comment